Saturday, October 03, 2009

The pressure is on!



Saturday morning and I'm thinking themes.... Halloween coming up, maybe tie in some black beans and pumpkin cooking. Spicy stews and hearty breads, party foods for Lisa's annual Halloween gala are simmering in the back of my head along with a promise to provide some tofu recipes to a new Lisa who has shown some interest in all things tofu. And how can THAT be a bad thing?

That said, I got out the trusty PC, refreshed my bean timing via the Vegan Coach website - http://www.vegancoach.com/pressure-cooker-beans.html
and popped in a batch that had been soaking since yesterday morning. Let's face it, I had grand plans to cook them last night but somehow the motivation disappeared in the parking lot at work at 8:30. One must be grateful to be employed, and I am not complaining, but the idea of cleaning up at midnight was an epic fail at glamorous things to do on Friday night.

So I played Mafia Wars instead.
And the theme came to me....
ready?

See, the way I see it, the best way to allow people to see that vegans are real, and eat real(ly good) food is to interact with them and then use a little humor, a little mutual respect, and a lot of food pron pics.

Now, since Mafia Wars has taken off into all corners of the world (with players all over the globe) I thought "wouldn't it be cool to tie in MW with VeganMoFo?" and I did. Mafia Wars has opened Cuba and so will I. So, get ready for some Sopa de Frijoles Negros con arroz amarillo, y'all. I'll be frying up those platanos later.

In the meantime, for my new Lisa, Lemon Pepper Tofu from Vegan Brunch by Isa Chandra Moskowitz, page 131

You see the tofu in my TofuXpress? Want one of your own? Of course you do! Go see it at Tofu XPress

No comments: