Saturday, March 22, 2008


It’s come to my attention that the reading of Eckhart Tolle’s A New Earth, my developing awareness, and my revulsion for being in the company of others while they consume the decaying carcasses of sentient beings are not mutually exclusive. Eckhart Tolle warns that I might see friends drop off, and boy- have I ever.

In an effort to connect with other vegans, and to become even more active in the vegan microcosm of society, I’ve been searching for other bloggers and folks in my area with whom I can learn about alternatives to cheese, the best way to share the information we’ve been learning about how veganism is the single largest contribution we can make individually, regardless of our socio economic status, to improving the environment for everyone to enjoy. When I get a request from an animal activist group that the polar bears are drowning due to the melting of the polar ice caps brought on by global warming, my heart aches. If everyone would simply wake up and realize the Quarter Pounder with Grease, the Kentucky Fried Cruelty, and the Smithfield ground up pig that was probably smarter than your dog sausage they are eating is the reason this is likely the last generation of polar bear cubs that will ever be born in the wild, I’d be a happy gal; wildly happy, ecstatic, really.

In the course of my search, I tripped over VEG Blogs, a Vegan Blog Tracker, a very cool concept indeed. Veg Blogs AKA Vegan Blog Tracker keeps an eye out for all things vegan, and lists them for my reading and writing convenience. They also have a city guide for listing groceries and restaurants, a veg health section, and a veg products guide that lists product alternatives to dairy, eggs, meat, pet food, supplements, and more. Thanks Veg Blogs.

No comments: