Thursday, April 15, 2010

Vegan Waffles

I stumbled upon the Worldwide Vegan Waffle Party on Facebook and have been thinking about waffles ever since. Still vacillating about actually hosting an event.
In my vast collection of vegan cookbooks, I have Vegan Brunch: Homestyle Recipes Worth Waking Up For--From Asparagus Omelets to Pumpkin Pancakeswhich has some awesome ideas for both sweet and savory waffles along with excellent advice about waffle making in general.That said, I went to Amazon.com and got the Maxi-Matic you see to your left. Then I began experimenting with waffles, beginning with Isa's peanut butter waffles on page 90. Topped with organic maple syrup, Highland Sugarworks 100% Organic Grade A Dark Amber Maple Syrup, 32-Ounce Jugand Florida strawberries. Too bad there is not a photo but someone apparently was too impatient to do any food stylin' that night.

No comments: