Wednesday, July 12, 2006


Tallulah and Posomotor, The Familiar


My current project is called Tallulah and Posomotor, The Familiar. It began as a writing prompt given to me by my dear friend, Lesley C. Weston. She conjured up a list of words and challenged me to use them in a short story. I took on the challenge. Unlike The Fictioneer, I don't lie, make statements that competitions make me 'uncomfortable' and then enter them. I make no bones about it. I am competitive.

So The Familiar, as it was first dubbed, was a fun write. It has subsequently taken off, gathering itself up and launching into full flight heading toward novella.

The character Posomotor is a black standard poodle, a witch's familiar. Here is a photo of Posomotor.

1 comment:

SelahWrites said...

Thank you. She's quite entertaining. I showed her how to meditate and now she 'zens' for cookies. The folks at the vet's office get her to zen for X-rays when she swallows such items as silver charms and rat poison bars. She should have been a goat.